LASTING POWERS OF ATTORNEY (LPA)
Our Private Client team is made up of Legal Executives (with 1-3 years’ experience) and qualified solicitors (with at least 4 years’ experience). The team is supervised by Farhan Choudhry who has over 5 years’ experience working in the Private Client and Probate sector.
- LPA document only without registration at the Office of the Public Guardian £300 + VAT
- Single Property and Financial Affairs LPA or a Health and Welfare LPA £300 + VAT
- Both types of LPA £600 + VAT
- Husband & Wife Property and Financial Affairs LPA or a Health and Welfare LPA £600 + VAT
- Husband & Wife both types of LPA (4 documents in total) £900 + VAT
LASTING POWERS OF ATTORNEY (LPA) FEE
Each LPA needs to be registered with the court, the Office of Public Guardian before it can be used. The court fee is currently £82 per document and is payable directly to the court.
If the person who is making the LPA (the donor) receives certain means-tested benefits when you apply to register it, you won’t have to pay anything – this is called an exemption.
If the donor’s income before tax is less than £12,000 a year, you’ll only have to pay half – this is known as a 50% remission.